Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mommy Update

When Matt's parents were in town a couple of weeks ago, my sciatic nerve started to act up. Unfortunately, it hasn't let up since. When it first started it was just affecting the lower right side of my back. It is now more severe... I now feel it in my right butt cheek and my hip.  Every time I take a step, I feel excruciating pain in all of those areas. The doctor told Matt about the stretches that he could help me with, but so far the stretches aren't making it any better. She also told me to try low amounts of heat and Tylenol... not working. I feel better while I rest, but then I find as soon as I get up I am so stiff that I can hardly walk. So, the question remains... do I rest it or do I continue to work it out? Matt told me the other day that it looked like I had a wooden leg. Poor me:( 


I am not much of a complainer, so I hate that I am having to report this news. But, it is part of the journey. I know that I have been extremely lucky thus far to have had such a smooth pregnancy. At the end of the day I know that it could be way worse.... I am just hoping that this pain subsides sometime soon. And if it doesn't, I'll suck it up. There isn't anything that I wouldn't do for this little guy. 


Next step... I'll try an appointment for a prenatal massage and I'll give the Chiropractor a shot. 


The fun part, I am really starting to grow. Here are the most recent belly pics. 
28 weeks

I took this picture for all the people that think I am tiny. There isn't anything tiny about this belly....
29 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment