Sunday, September 11, 2011

Baby Montgomery update

I am happy to report that Baby Will is still an active an healthy baby. In the past two weeks we had our 3D sonogram and then a sonogram at the doctor's office. Here is his progress...

3D sonogram-27 weeks

I was so excited to be able to set up the 3D sonogram appointment for the Saturday that Matt's parents were here. This was going to be a special moment for Matt and I.... so thankful that Paul and Cheryl were able to join us. This was the first time that we were going to see our little guys face. Matt and I were having mixed emotions. We were beyond excited, but we were also very nervous. This was a big day for us!

Will wasn't phased by the orange juice that they told me to drink 30 minutes before the appointment. Mommy knows best, I should have eaten a piece of chocolate cake before or some ice-cream (Will loves icecream!). He wanted to sleep through most of the show. We were about to throw in the towel and reschedule for another date, but he decided to wake up.  The funny thing was, once he woke up he was moving so much that it was hard to get a good picture of him. We did manage to get a few good shots.

Our little angel has the cutest chubby cheeks!!! 
The start of a yawn.
My everything. 
Legs and proof that he is a boy



Sonogram at the doctor- 28 weeks

The next week we had an appointment with Dr.English. She wanted to have a sonogram done at 28 weeks to check and see how my cervix was holding up and to check on Will's growth/progress. We found out that the size of my cervix has decreased slightly, but not enough to have the doctor concerned. If my cervix was to decrease to a unwanted size it would put me at a higher risk for pre-term labor. So far, my body is holding up just fine. :) 

William is growing as he should be. We were able to look at his lungs, kidneys and bladder. His bone structure and fluid amounts looked great. His heart was beating at a lovely rate of 145. He is currently weighing 2.8 lbs.  The sonogram tech informed us that he currently falls in the 50th percentile. She told us that he looks healthy and seems to be developing according to schedule.  During the 3D sonogram, we were informed that Will was in a breech position. I was happy to hear that at this appointment (one week later) he had turned. His head was down and his little feet were now up towards my ribs. I know that this can change, but for now I felt better knowing that he had turned.

Dr. English wants me to start monitoring Will's kick counts and his daily activity. This shouldn't be a problem.  I have been able to feel Will move since the 15th week. He has only been getting stronger and more active ever since. Matt and I get can't help but smile every time that we feel him... it never gets old. Will is now strong enough (this started at 26 weeks) that we are able to see my belly move when he kicks.  The miracle of life... it amazes me each day. 

This has been the most incredible journey. It's hard to believe that we are already at 28 weeks with only 12 weeks to go.  The journey of becoming a mommy has been my greatest accomplishment yet. Taking care of Will has consumed my every thought (which has affected other things in my life, like work.. but that is ok). I am counting down the days until our little guy gets here. I can't wait to hold our precious baby and to give him all of the love in the world. William Franklin Montgomery.... mommy and daddy love you more than words can describe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment