Friday, August 16, 2013

Fast forward to 20 months...

It's incredible how fast the months have flown by since Will arrived. Still shocking to me that he is now 20 months old. Since I haven't blogged in a very long time, this is my chance to brag about all the awesome things Will is already doing. I'm just going to put this out there... My child is a genius. But, I'm sure every proud parent thinks the way that I do:) 

Little man knows most of the letters of the alphabet and almost all the letter songs. His vocabulary has increased dramatically in the past few weeks. He is verbally labeling and naming everything right now. He has a memory that still surprises me (he must get that from me:). He knows all of his colors... Still gets a couple mixed up here and there, but overall, he has got it down (thanks to M&Ms). He helps mommy and daddy count to ten and he is able to count showing 1-2-1 correspondence to three. 

He started running a few weeks ago. Cracks me up to see his little feet working that hard. Will goes to Gym class on Wednesdays. He is starting to show more courage when it comes to climbing up and down things. Will is a very methodical child. He typically thinks through things before he does it. He is not the child that goes full speed and then realizes that it was a bad idea. He has been working on jumping on the trampoline. Will isn't getting any air under his feet yet, but he sure is trying... It won't be long. 

Will's love for music has continued. I started taking him to a Gymboree music class this summer. In class he gets to dance, play instruments and sing songs. He is the most enthusiastic child in the class. At the end of every song he claps like it was the greatest thing he has ever heard.  Matt had the opportunity to take Will to class today. I was excited to hear that they had a great experience and that Will happily showed daddy the ropes at class.

Whenever we are out in public, Will strives to be the most social child in the room. He is extremely friendly to those around us. He loves to say "hi" to anyone that will listen. Will always scans the room to see what girls are in attendance and then quickly points them out to us "girl!". He then follows it up with "girl.. Hug". Will is very affectionate and LOVES hugging girls. 

Now that I completed all of that, I just realized the teacher side in me will never go away. I just typed up a summary of my child's strengths as if I was getting ready for an IEP meeting:). 

We are awfully proud of our little guy and continue to enjoy watching him learn and grow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment